This challenge is to benefit "Honor Flight," an organization that is dedicated to honoring those who have served our country. One of the main ways they do this is by assisting veterans in flying to Washington D.C. to visit memorials and monuments dedicated to their service and sacrifice.
Read more here- https://www.honorflight.org/
How are we helping? While Honor Flight has postponed it's trips through the summer of 2021 due to COVID-19, we want to assist in honoring our nations veterans when they are able to fly again! From 3/1/21-7/1/21, whenever you purchase a patriotic fabric and mention that it's for this challenge, we will donate 5% of your purchase to Honor Flight!
Criteria for making your patriotic quilt:
- Quilt must only use the colors red, blue and white/off white.
- The perimeter is not to exceed 300 inches.
- The top must be finished, but it must be unquilted.*
- You can use any technique you like in order to finish the top.
How to enter your quilt:
First, let us know that you will be participating, by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/Hx9NUt1fWf7mRfej7
No later than July 1st 2021 you must submit a well lit photograph of your newly finished quilt top, via email. You must include your name, phone number, the name of your quilt and anything else you'd like to say about it. Email photo and information to email@example.com
How to vote:
On July 3rd 2021 we will be posting a form on this page, on our Facebook and via newsletter, where you can view the photos of all the quilts and vote for your favorite! Voting will only be available for 24 hours before a winner is announced on Independence Day!
What does the winner get?
- Shout out on our Facebook page
- 50% off edge to edge longarming of this challenge quilt
- $100 Just Sew gift card
What patriotic collections does Just Sew have in stock?
America the Beautiful
Back Porch (Clearance!)
Collections you can find red & white or blue & white prints in, are: Roselyn, Shine On, Holliberry, Mackinac Island, Animal Crackers, Flower Sacks, Blooming Bunch, Pocket full of Posies, Cultivate Kindness, Happy Fall.
Grunge, Bella Solids and Thatched are great blender fabrics.
* The reason the top must be unfinished, is because 4 months is too short a timeframe for some people to get their quilts quilted. If some quilts were quilted and others not, it might give some an unfair advantage. We also want to ensure you are using a new quilt top, and not one previously made.